Forgiveness and Quality of Sleep

Oops, yesterday I missed out on posting. I was busy with many other things, as most people are this time of year. Today hasn't been much different!

Days 15 - 16
So how are things progressing? Last time I posted things didn't seem to be progressing much, but I have now realised that whenever I wake in the night and can't immediately get back to sleep it is because there is some insight I am not quite noticing. When I get it, then I get back to sleep. This has happened three times now. So I hope that (a) I start to notice the insights more quickly or (b) I can train my mind to save them for daytime.

I guess the thing is that when we wake in the night our minds are in that borderland between sleep and wake where the barriers we erect during the day are down. So things we manage to block out at 4pm come right to the surface at 4 pm. This is the value of McKenna's theatre of the mind exercise where you ask the unconscious mind if it has something to show you so that it can release tension. I've already written on Day 10 that although McKenna says you don't need to understand the message, for me it was only after I did understand that my tension released. The messages generally have been about the need to forgive others or myself.

Forgiveness is, for me at least, central to all healing and growing, so it's no surprise to me that my unconscious mind would show me where I still need to do some work. I feel sure that the more I listen and follow that advice, the easier I will sleep.

So the truth is, I can't really say that I am sorry I've had a few disturbed nights. And I am glad that last night I slept soundly till some time after five, then glanced at the clock and fell straight back to sleep.


PS one of the things that kept me busy yesterday was checking on the progress of my novel Drawings in Sand which was free for the day on Kindle. It's also free today, so if you'd like to grab a copy head over there now! You'll find it here.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does Paul McKenna's Insomnia Cure Work?

Letting Go of Beliefs

Internal Voice